Everyone could use a little help now and then; especially when it comes to moving your household goods. Why do it alone when you can enlist the help of experts? Guaranteed Price Movers is more than happy to provide you with tips about moving, packing, and all that’s in between. On this very page you will find some helpful tips that will make your move a whole lot easier. Don’t worry if you can’t find what you need on this page; you can always call up one of our relocation experts and they will be glad to help you.
Packing can be a real pain in the butt; which is why you should use these tips to make it easier. There are a few tricks you can implement to make your packing experience hassle free.
- Pack in order of least used items first, to most used items last
- Start packing early; at least 3 to 6 weeks before move out day
- Get rid of as much stuff as possible. This will keep moving costs low and packing easier.
- Carefully pack and insulate all fragile items; don’t forget to clearly mark them with the word, “FRAGILE.”
- Pack by room to save time
- Label every box with the room it came from and an inventory list of its contents
- If you are relocating out of the country make sure to pack according to foreign customs rules and regulations
- Book your move at least 3 to 6 weeks in advance of your proposed move out date to ensure ample time
- Hire a professional and reputable moving company
- Research your new home town before you get there to familiarize yourself with the new surroundings
- Enlist the help of friends and family to help pack and load your household goods
- When you book in the off months you can save money on your move
- For move out day hire a sitter for kids and pets. This will allow you to fully concentrate on the move.
- Have your movers stack boxes in their according rooms for easier unpacking
Moving doesn’t have to be so hard. Utilize these helpful tips for a stress free experience. Just remember to take your time and breath; you will be in your new house in no time.